Globaltrans announces results of its Annual General Meeting of shareholders
Globaltrans Investment PLC (together with its consolidated subsidiaries the “Company”, “Globaltrans” or the “Group”, LSE ticker: GLTR) today announces that the Company held its Annual General Meeting of shareholders (“AGM”) on 23 April 2018 under the chairmanship of Mr. Michael Zampelas, Chairman of the Board and Independent Non-Executive Director.
The AGM was held at 4 Profiti Ilia Street, 4046 Germasogeias, Limassol, Cyprus and had a quorum of 178,740,916 shares present, corresponding to 100% of the issued and outstanding shares.
The AGM passed the following resolutions by a majority of members:
- The consolidated and parent Company audited financial statements together with the management’s and independent auditors’ reports for the financial year ended 31 December 2017 were approved;
- The members approved the dividend in respect of 2017 in the amount of RUB 44.85 per ordinary share/global depositary receipt (“GDR”) or RUB 8,017 million in total, including:
- Final dividend in the amount of RUB 23.25 per ordinary share/GDR or RUB 4,156 million;
- Special final dividend in the amount of RUB 21.60 per ordinary share/GDR or RUB 3,861 million;
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited was re-appointed as auditor of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next general meeting at which the accounts are laid before the Company. The Board of Directors was authorised to determine the remuneration of the auditor;
- The following 15 Directors were appointed to the Board: J. Carroll Colley, Johann Franz Durrer, Alexander Eliseev, Andrey Gomon, Sergey Maltsev, Elia Nicolaou, George Papaioannou, Melina Pyrgou, Konstantin Shirokov, Alexander Storozhev, Alexander Tarasov, Michael Thomaides, Marios Tofaros, Sergey Tolmachev, and Michael Zampelas. Each of the Directors was appointed for one year until the conclusion of the Company’s next AGM, which will take place in 2019.
The Minutes of the AGM are available for viewing at the office of the Company at 4 Profiti Ilia Street, 2nd floor, 4046 Germasogeias, Limassol, Cyprus, and will shortly be available also at the National Storage Mechanism of the UK Listing Authority, located at www.hemscott.com/nsm.do.
Globaltrans Investor Relations
Mikhail Perestyuk / Daria Plotnikova
+357 25 328 860
For international media
+44 7799 413351
NOTES TO EDITORS
Globaltrans is a leading freight rail transportation group with operations in Russia, the CIS and the Baltic countries. The Group’s main business is the provision of freight rail transportation services. Globaltrans provides services to more than 500 customers and its key customers include a number of large Russian industrial groups in the metals and mining and the oil products and oil sectors.
The Group had a Total Fleet of about 67 thousand units at the end of 2017. Universal gondola cars and rail tank cars constitute the backbone of the Group’s fleet. About 92% of the Total Fleet is owned by the Group with an average age of 11 years.
In 2017, the Group’s Freight Rail Turnover (including Engaged Fleet) was 178.2 billion tonnes-km with the total revenue amounted to RUB 78.1 billion.
Globaltrans' global depositary receipts (ticker symbol: GLTR) have been listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange since May 2008. Globaltrans was the first freight rail transportation group with operations in Russia to have an international listing.
To learn more about Globaltrans, please visit www.globaltrans.com
Some of the information in this announcement may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of Globaltrans. You can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as 'expect', 'believe', 'anticipate', 'estimate', 'intend', 'will', 'could', 'may' or 'might', the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. Globaltrans wishes to caution you that these statements are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. Globaltrans does not intend to update these statements to reflect events and circumstances occurring after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Many factors could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in projections or forward-looking statements of Globaltrans, including, among others, general economic conditions, the competitive environment, risks associated with operating in Russia, rapid technological and market change in the industries Globaltrans operates in, as well as many other risks specifically related to Globaltrans and its operations.
Dividend will be paid in US dollars in the total amount of about 73.13828 US cents per one ordinary share/GDR not later than 10 May 2018 with conversion executed at the Central Bank of Russia’s official exchange rate for the Russian rouble as at the date of the AGM (1 USD: 61.3222 RUB). Holders of GDRs will receive the dividend approximately three business days after the payment date.?